Director of Engineering
About the Job
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our Engineering department and help us build great products. You will manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively. To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our teams while setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. You will be in charge of integrating with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution. Ultimately, you will lead our team in using innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
This position reports to the CTO
- Lead the software team. Hire, mentor, and strengthen your team. Embrace diversity and foster an inclusive team culture with a growth demeanor.
- Set the technical vision, layout, and execute on a strategic roadmap to drive AI innovation.
- Build AI/ML foundation for Blyncsy and deliver data products. Transform large ambiguous business requirements into manageable software specifications, define breakthroughs and success criteria, and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Build Blyncsy’s ML Operations pipeline to optimally manage and accelerate AI workloads.
- Collaborate with product, operations, and business teams to define goals and roadmaps.
- Exercise technical judgment, anticipate bottlenecks, bring up issues effectively, make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, other equivalent disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing AI/ML and software development teams as a technical manager.
- Minimum 10 overall years as a hands-on practitioner developing software solutions of which 5+ years of experience is in AI/ML production solutions.
- Deep knowledge and experience in machine learning. Can set teams up to focus and deliver speed and quality. Ability to design good metrics and hypotheses.
- Strong technical management and team-building skills. Ability to coach and grow talent, cultivate healthy engineering culture, and attract/retain talent.
- Build a diverse, broad, and high-performing team.
- Inspire collaboration among teams composed of both technical and non-technical members. Effective communication skills, solid negotiation skills, and strong leadership.
- Evaluate and design effective processes and systems to facilitate communication, improve execution, and ensure accountability.
Other things we’d love to see
- Experience scaling a startup to Series B, and beyond
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize development tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to support and mentor the team as they navigate challenges in their development
Equity. Flexible work schedule and environment. Over 3 weeks annual PTO. Competitive salary. Company sponsored health, dental and vision plans. Gym reimbursements. Wellness and enrichment programs, philanthropy projects. Fun, laid-back, hard-working team!
Blyncsy is the leader in movement data intelligence. Blyncsy collects, aggregates and analyzes road imagery, to identify issues, and problems for drivers today and autonomous vehicles tomorrow, which leads to better, safer, more efficient transportation decisions. Municipalities, government agencies and private sector companies use Blyncsy's platform to make roads safer and travel more efficient.
Blyncsy is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Blyncsy policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veterans status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information.